We're on round two of our fertility journey with our new doctors. We have tried a new-to-me medicine that did not give me a 5-day headache like round one did.
We just returned from our second u/s (ultrasound) to learn that they have successfully stimulated 2 large follicles, 4 medium follicles and 3 small follicles. Because of all the stimulation, we need to use Ovidril (force ovulation) even if we decide not to try because of all the possible releasable eggs.
Yes, we were in for a big surprise this morning during the u/s. Apparently, I did much studying for this test and responded overly-well to the follicle stimulation. My doctor stands on the conservative side and said he'd give a less than 10% chance of triplets and only slightly higher for twins. Of course, he said he wouldn't do and insemination round with us for fear of the multiples. Although we will be releasing eggs, we still have to get one fertilized. This has been the main stumbling block for us.
I am still surprised and stumped by the response. We've been through over 3 years of fertility treatments, and I have NEVER responded with more than 1 medium follicle. Crazy stuff is happening here. I am not sure what we are going to do. More babies, more chance of miscarriage, more expense, more bedrest, more house needed. AHHHHHHHHHH!!
We will pray about it, though I think I will wimp out on this round. We'll see.
-Christa
1 comment:
Good Luck sweetheart! Be strong and remeber that I love you.
Post a Comment